Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I am looking to be a foreign exchange student .Advice?What English speaking country would you recomend.?

I am looking to be a foreign exchange student .Advice?What English speaking country would you recomend.?
I am curently a freshman, and am planning for my junior year. I am going to an English speaking country, and am considering South Africa, England, Ireland, New Zealand. Any other ideas? Do you know of a company that has a good reputation? I also know a little Spanish.
Studying Abroad - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I enjoyed the time I spent in Australia. I expect that any of the countries would be a wonderful place to spend a year. However you need to know that high school in these places will be much tougher than what you are accustomed to in the U.S. (assuming that is where you are).
2 :
I would go to England
3 :
As you did not state where and what degree you are reading now, you might want to consider an exchange programme with a uni from another part of the world (assuming you are from the states) like Asia and Aussie. Reasons -This will give you a "global perspective" in your studies. -According to my friends from the States (contacts from work), large majority of Americans do not travel out of USA although USA seem to be spearheading globalization – Only some of the key business people travel. Hence, this might give you an edge in the job market upon graduation. Some of the recommendations (I only recommend those with very good international standing and those I am familiar with) for exchange in Asia/ Australia: Singapore: National University of Singapore: http://www.nus.edu.sg/ Nanyang Technological University: www.ntu.edu.sg Hong Kong/China: The Chinese University of Hong Kong: http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/v6/en/ Australia: Any universities from the Grp of 8 (the unofficial TOP 8 universities in Aussie): http://www.go8.edu.au/ Note: I do not know which faculty you are from – hence, I only listed the universities with good overall standing – overlooking the respective faculty strength. If you prefer fast pace city life – choose Singapore (1st Lang in Singapore is English – almost everyone can speak English) or HK (1st Lang is Cantonese, but quite a fair bit of people there speaks English as well) If you prefer slower pace of life – choose Aussie . Hope this helps.

Read more other entries :