Sunday, December 1, 2013

Hotel workshadow for high school student?

Hotel workshadow for high school student?
Hi there. I am 17yrs old living in Cape Town South Africa. I am in my 2nd last yr of high school and am required to workshadow at a place of interest for two weeks. I would love to work in a hotel when I am older. I have been given the opportunity by my school to do my workshadow for 2wks abroad in September. I would love to do it in the USA, Canada or Europe. I have contacted some big hotel groups in the US but nobody replies. Can anybody help me get a workshadow position for 2wks or know of any hotel that will take me on?? PLEASE HELP!!! IT WOULD BE A DREAM OF MINE!!
Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The problem you may be facing is that U.S. companies (such as hotels) can not offer you sponsorship to work in the U.S., even as a workshadow position. In writing to these hotels have you mentioned that you already have your visa taken care of or are you looking for sponsorship? Work rules and sponsorship is tightened up a lot here in the U.S. and most companies will not be able to help you out. I do not know about laws and rules for Canada or Europe as far as workers and visas to work.

Read more other entries :