Monday, April 7, 2014

Can I skip and International flight if I have a student visa?

Can I skip and International flight if I have a student visa?
Hello, I am a US citizen that is going to move to South Africa for college. Obviously, since my plan is to move there, I don't need a flight back home. While looking at airline fares, I noticed that a one-way flight is around $3000, while a round-trip ticket costs as low as $1500. My question is, would I get into any legal trouble if I book a round-trip ticket and just skipped out on my return flight? My only objective in this is to save money. I would have a student visa allowing me to stay in SA, and I would be staying at the residence I would have given to passport control along with my other information. I simply find it ridiculous to pay double the price when I'm not even coming back. I'm not really worried about having to pay Delta a $100-$200 fee for missing the flight. I'm solely interested in the legality of doing this. Thanks guys! -Elijah Thanks for the quick answer. I plan on having my student visa well before my ticket though haha. Three cheers for $8/hr !! Good to know there might be a way to weasel my way out of spending so much.
Other - Destinations - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
No, if you didn't return they'd just cancel your ticket. Also, having a round trip ticket might save you some grief with your student visa.
2 :
NO PROBLEMS If they ask (which is very very unlikely), just say that you missed your flight and will rebook a one-way at a later time!

Read more other entries :