Wednesday, July 7, 2010

how can i get a cheap flight to south africa for a california exchange student?

how can i get a cheap flight to south africa for a california exchange student?
My college student daughter, is traveling to South Africa as exchange student. She needs to book a flight to be eligible to apply for a student visa. All the flights limit the return date to several months earlier than her scheduled return. It seems the longer out her return ticket is, the price goes up. has anyone got a simpler way to do this?
South Africa - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
First, I'd clarify with the embassy about getting the ticket before you have the visa. Mine worked the other way: I got the visa first, then bought the ticket. (And I bought a one-way ticket, because of the same problem: couldn't get a flight as far out as I needed.) She'll need evidence that she's been accepted to study at a university in SA and evidence of financial solvency as well as a battery of medical clearances. If they do say she has to have a ticket and it has to be round-trip, I'd talk to a travel agent who can usually book you further out than an online service can do, and you can always change the return date later if you need to. I'd also get a multi-entry visa so that she can visit surrounding countries and have no problems coming in and out.