Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Should I become an International student?


Should I become an International student?
I am from South Africa and have been accepted to LSU (I know it's no Harvard). Is it worth it spending 15k a year for undergraduate studies or should I study here in a worse school than LSU. I can afford it, but barely
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I studied for a year in the USA on my undergrad and its a fun time but like you are aware you end up paying for it, i m in debt because of that year, for me its toss up between if you want to be in debt after you graduate or you want the life experience and something to put on your CV/ resume. I had a great time and it was an experience i ll never forget, after all not many people get to study abroad, on the other hand getting visas and being away from home where you can relate to almost nobody is hard, you will feel very alone if you don't get lucky and get good room mates. On another note i ve known a few people who went to LSU and hated it, in fact, not trying to put you off it just telling you what my ex room mate and ex girlfriend told me. In the end you just have to weight up what i just told you and make a decision.

Read more other entries :