Monday, October 14, 2013

Architects, should I go to Holland ?


Architects, should I go to Holland ?
I am a second year architecture student form South Africa. I have the opportunity to work somewhere in Holland for the second simester of next year as a manditory 6 month practical. The only problem is, I don't know how much they're going to pay and if I will be able to eat and maybe, just maybe have a good time now and again. The university may pay for our lodging, but that's not a given yet. My parients can't afford to pay anything other than getting me there and I have no savings to speak of. Here it'd be easy to find work. We've been given a list of 30 firms eagre to hire us, and there are only 20 students that need to be placed. I still live at home so whatever they're paying would be pocket money. So, what I want to know from somebody actually in the know, will I be able to survive financially? A chance like this doesn't come around too often. I really want this to happen.
Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Tell them your situation.
2 :
most people stay and work an internship with an established architect...hopefully someone that is recognised internationally for their work. They usaually put up in a small studio or room w/stipend

Read more other entries :