Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hey, so a guy from africa sent me money, what could he do if i kept it?

Hey, so a guy from africa sent me money, what could he do if i kept it?
so i posted an add on gumtree.com saying im a student looking for odd cash in hand work im a 16yr old female this guy said he wanted to send me some money so i could go shopping for him in town(leeds city centre) as he is in africa doing 'construction work' and then was to mail the clothes to him, he sent me a check of 2650, saying for me to take 350 and then immedietly money gram the money to his 'contact' in whales as he needed it for his 'construction work' so i cashed it in at the bank and went to send it via money gram, of course it took the check 4 days to clear so i couldnt in these four days he kept rining me and emailing me demanding me to send it, i kept trying to explain the bank wouldnt let me and he got really angry telling me he was dissapointed in me...? saying it was urgent. eventually the cheque cleared on a saterday, he rang saterday afternoon telling me to go do the money gram right away i tried to withdraw the money but my limit is 100pounds a day, the bank was closed so i couldnt withdraw it via them he demanded i send 100 pound to someone else in south africa, but i didnt have time, the post office closed he rang me all weekend demanding me to do it but i couldnt on a sunday!! anyway he was getting really arsey, saying i was un reliable and had let him down, i went to the bank monday at 7.00am, this guy had told me to lie to the bank and say i was sent the money by my uncle, and to say at the money gram i was sending it to my cousin, as i said to him, i wasnt willing to lie to them, as if it wasnt illigel, why couldnt i tell the truth? i asked him and he said he was going to get the authoritys on me for trashing his name??? he hasnt responded to any of my emails in 4 days, i dont know where to send the money or anything wha could he do about it if i kept it? he isnt a british citizen, i signed no contract, he just told me what to do via email and telephone, legally, what could he do ifi kept the money?
Financial Aid - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
nothing hes in africa...whatd they gonna do bout it?
2 :
Hey, he is fraud. Trying to convert his black money into white. Its a big scam and dont involve in this. There is a government website whihc warns about this. and you may complain to them. If you keep it you may be in trouble.
3 :
If he has send you a check, please don't deposit it in your bank. Examine it first before you deposit it

Read more other entries :