Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm a First Year Law Student in South Africa...?

I'm a First Year Law Student in South Africa...?
My subjects are Introduction to Legal Studies Law of Persons an Introduction to South African Family Law. I would like to know form law students in other countries what their subjects are.
Higher Education (University +) - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i think the law system in SA sux....coz a guy can rape and kill and at the end of the day he will be out on bail in like 3 days.... i hope that u will change all of that when you are done studying.... good luck
2 :
Show Off!!! good luck though
3 :
First year Law subjects at Murdoch University Law School in Western Australia: Contract Law, Torts Law, Australian Legal Systems, Evidence, Constitutional Law, Legal Writing and Research
4 :
Good luck with that! I did that same sh*t 15 years ago at the University of Stellenbosch. The only good thing that came from it, was that I realized I had a knack for languages. I'm a language practitioner now and can speak 5 of the 8 languages I studied while doing my Law Studies. In SA you need to know a few languages to practice Law. As your professors might have pointed out to you. You also need to do some Accounting courses. These were the courses I followed for the first year: Private Law (Persons and Family) Xhosa Customary Law Afrikaans/Dutch English Latin Accounting for Law Students I did three years of Law Studies and eventually got my degree the year after in Languages. I now speak Korean and German as well. In my second year I did more language courses, because I knew I was never gonna make it in Law. My marks were too low.

Read more other entries :