Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Multi Racial American Female Study in Stellenbosch, South Africa?


Multi Racial American Female Study in Stellenbosch, South Africa?
I'm a twenty year old student considering studying in Stellenbosch next spring. How far is the city from the beach? And how is safety in the city and university? I'd appreciate any advice :)
South Africa - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Stellenbosch is primarily an academic town, and is more like a Village It is a beautiful and very safe place. The University,of which I am a graduate, was a very white Afrikaner- centric institution but that has all changed and you will not encounter any more racial prejudice than anywhere else in the country. (There are always a few bigots). It is about 30 minute's drive to the beaches at Gordon's bay and Strand.
2 :
About 30 minutes from Strand and Gordon's Bay. But those places are always windy, so I don't know why people go to the beach at all. Some people will say it's safe, others disagree. My view is that as long as you don't do anything stupid, like walk around at night, get in a car with people you don't know, you will be fine. Common sense stuff. It's a nice place. The race issues will probably not be much of a problem. As the other guy said, there will always be some idiots. But to the majority of people you will be just another student. And I find that even if a person has some problem with another race, most of them just shut up. LIke I said, it's a nice place, and I enjoyed my years there. So did many other people of all races. Enjoy it

Read more other entries :