Monday, July 14, 2014

Do I qualify for a US visa or green card?


Do I qualify for a US visa or green card?
I had a green card over 10 years ago, before I went back to South Africa for college. I don't have the green card anymore, was destroyed along with most of my belongings. My mother is now a US citizen. My fiance is on student visa in the US. We want to get married and live together in the US while he is studying. I'm on working holiday in England right now. Is it possible for me to get the Green Card again, or visitor's visa or should I ONLY apply for citizenship through my mother? Please help, thank you in advance. Oh, I'm 29.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You should, but its going to take at least 6 months to get it. You should've re-newed the green card before the 10 years was up.
2 :
Your immigrant status is considered abandoned. Your mother should file an I-130 for you along with all the supporting documents. Unfortunately, as a Green Card holder cannot petition your fiance. If you marry her, as a Green Card holder, the wait for her to get a visa is over 5 years. If you marry her first, then your mother petitions you you'll be 3rd preference and the wait for you and your wife will be 8 years.

Read more other entries :