Thursday, July 28, 2011

Who has been to England or South africa or Australia?

Who has been to England or South africa or Australia?
for my senior year i am goin to be an exchange student. i cant decide which country to go to. so im tryin to find out more about each of these countries. can ya help me??
South Africa - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm a South African, who studied in England (and was not impressed) and has been to Australia in his adult life. Obviously I'd say you should come to South Africa, it's a nice place to be and our universities are world class/ But maybe you could try Australia if South Africa is not your number one choice,
2 :
england is the best and safest place to study.
3 :
If it were me, I would be looking at my interests and what I think I want to do with my life and decide where based on that. I am Canadian and have ties in both England and South Africa so I would put a check beside each of those countries. If I was interested in medicine, I would put 2 checks beside South Africa and one beside England. While some things medical in South Africa lag behind, like AIDS, other things roar ahead like many surgical procedures. Do you want to do some volunteer work in order to get to better know the population - put a check beside South Africa. People here generally are socially, economically and politically very different thinkers than anywhere in North America or Europe. They have a lot to teach you about differences. And you know what the French say, eh? Vive la difference! :o) Of course if you just want to have a good time between classes, Australia or England, simply because you probably have more in common with your age group in these countries and already have a basic understanding of the mores of the country. Want to see landscapes and sunrises such as you have never seen before, put a check beside South Africa and Australia. (I am assuming here that you are from either North America or Europe.) European history or literature, check England. If I were young again and in a similar position, I would probably pick South Africa - mostly because there is so much to learn (out of school learning) that I knew nothing about when I was your age. Both England and Australia have more in common with Canada. Also, I was brought up to be a very open minded person. If you have a bias, and I really can't imagine why a young person would want to have one of those horrid things, you may want to look at each country and decide how that can affect your visit. No one can make this decision for you but you. But there are a few things to consider before you choose. Enjoy your exchange student experience no matter what country you pick! :o)
4 :
I've studied in Australia and New Zealand. I would have to say that the Australians tend to be very laid back and friendly. I tend to find the same with people from South Africa, only they tend to have more of a bleak outlook on society (based off of the several South Africans studying here, so don't take this as gospel, it's a very limited perspective). The English are not as laid back as the Southern Hemisphere, but all-in-all I find all of the cultures to be extremely friendly and decent. My recommendation is to join a couple of chat rooms and get to know some people from each area. There are so many different cultures in each country to learn about and experience. You would do best to find out which area you "mesh" best with. No country is "better" than another, but you will find that your whole experience and ability to learn will be effected by how you are able to interact socially. If you don't get along with the locals, if you miss a day for something, you're screwed for notes. If you're from the USA or Canada, to go to South Africa, you need to be really open to new experiences to handle it. Most people don't speak English as their first language. I think the number is less than 15% even. You might want to learn a little bit of Dutch. The closest language is Afrikaans there, but the USA only has 4 places that teach Afrikaans and you have to be a full-time student at their University and they are not cheap universities either. Dutch is easy to find, cheap, and according to a friend of mine (native speaker of Afrikaans) mutually understandable.
5 :
I'm South African with family in England and Australia (whom I have visited a lot). If I were you I would cross out England and go somewhere sunny and fun. I think England is a bit grey and I don't like the youth culture. Great for a visit but I can't imagine living there :-P And because I'm very biased I would say choose SA :-) I had a Swedish exchange student live with me for a year (ten years ago!) and it was one of the most rewarding experiences for both of us. She is my Swedish sister and I love her to bits. She fell in love with SA and had a wide variety of experiences that were very different than she was used to. Even with all the problems SA has we are a wonderful, beautiful country and the people are generally very friendly and open to sharing things about their culture. Wherever you choose to go keep an open mind and be willing to try new things. Keep safe and enjoy every moment :-)
6 :
I am South African born,now living in England since 1969.I think Australia would suit you best,if you South African born,its more or less like South Africa.

Read more other entries :