Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Student paid work in the US?

Student paid work in the US?
Im 17yrs old and live in South Africa I would like to travel 2 the US in Dec/Jan as I am on school holidays for 6wks. However my parents wont pay for my airticket as I have travelled overseas 4x this yr. I was wondering are there any jobs available for 17yr olds where they can get paid so I can work to pay off my ticket? I am very interested in hospitality and was wondering whether there are an options available there?
Air Travel - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Fast food..
2 :
While that's great that you want to work here, you would run into many many complications, including a visa. Also, if you cannot fund your ticket, I would suggest not trying to come here to work. Few cities carry youth hostels, and the ones who do are HUGE. You will need to have money to eat and survive, as well as a location as to where you are to be staying. It's a great idea, but I would put it off a year or so.
3 :
There is a certain kind of visa that allows foreign people to work at resorts. Unfortunately, I don't know what it is called or how you find out about them. Do a web search. I did and came up with this webpage: http://www.workpermit.com/news/2006_04_20/us/resorts_need_short_term_workers.htm Good luck!

Read more other entries :