Friday, June 7, 2013

would the capital one up my limit?

would the capital one up my limit?
I know this may sound like a dumb question, but I am going to south africa. I am a student and have a credit card my limit is 1300 and I am at that because of school books, if i called and asked if they would up my limit while i am away is there any chance they would and i will be paying it off no problem now that i am done school.
Credit - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Would have had a better chance of it when you where not close to your limit it also depends on how long you have had the card
2 :
Before the economy tanked they probably would have. But Capital One has notoriously tightened the reigns for the last 2-3 years. I wouldn't hold my breath for this. You have better luck getting a student card through your bank. Never hurts to ask, all they can say is "no".
3 :
Hello, Most companies require that you have the card for at least 1 year before filling for an increase. If you have good payment history and a year track record it only takes a phone call to find out if they will increase it. You can call 800-955-7070 (customer service). When the automated system starts there is an option to request a credit line increase or you can request an increase via customer service with a live representative. I always recommend speaking with a representative as it seems you do better (personal experience) that route. According to a Capital one rep, credit increases do NOT count as a "hard inquiry" (something that hurts your score.) By the way, a representative told me their is no credit check, they just do a "snapshot summary" of your account checking the following: any over limit fees, paying history, length of time with Capital One. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to contact me. Sincerely, Joe Orsak (866)802-3470 jorsak@ImproveMyCreditUSA.com ImproveMyCreditUSA.com

Read more other entries :