Monday, March 7, 2011

Mr. M...South Africa Exchange?


Mr. M...South Africa Exchange?
I read your question about South Africa exchange. I was a foreign exchange student to Switzerland with YFU. I looked at South Africa--but didn't want to speak English. I wanted to learn a second language. I had a wonderful year and experience with YFU. Now I volunteer with exchange students in the U.S. as well. I would love to host a student from South Africa someday! Since I wanted to go to South Africa--my mom was also learly of sending her teenager to Africa for a year so another reason why I was in western Europe--I went when I was 23 for 6 months to South Africa! I was in the western cape. It was a wonderful place to go! Last week I was talking to another friend who was an exchange student with Rotary to Sweden. We both said we'd love to have a second year as an exchange student. If I could have gone for round two--I said I'd go to South Africa. (She said Denmark) While I was there, I learned some Afrikaans and spent sometime at my good friend from Namibia's house with her Afrikaaner family. But If I was an exchange student--I'd want to be in an Afrikaaner family. They are great people, and the language is fun to speak and learn. It's a gorgeous country too!! Hope you read this and helps you out!!!!
South Africa - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Sory,whats the question?
2 :
Wow sounds like you had a good time!

Read more other entries :